Durham is a thriving, diversified economy, and it’s open for business.
The county has long been the location of choice for businesses looking to invest and capitalise on new opportunities, from NSK Bearings setting up in 1976 right through to Hitachi Rail Europe opening its £82M European HQ for high speed trains in 2015.
If you take advantage of the investment opportunities in Durham, you’ll be adding to a long heritage of innovation and industry. We have a broad business base, with significant strengths in technology, engineering and manufacturing, which makes up 20% of our economy (compared with the UK as a whole at 16% of GVA).
Our bespoke support includes:
• Research, economic intelligence and ideas to support your business case
• Facilitated connections to professional, legal and financial advice, including access to funding and incentives
• Access to centres of excellence, networks and clusters
• Help to find the right property – from science labs and clean rooms to office space and industrial units
• Help with recruitment and training
We also promise to be sensitive to your commercial information and straightforward with you. If we can’t help you, we can connect you with people who can, even if it’s in another location.
As the economic development company for County Durham, Business Durham encourages overseas companies to establish and settle into a long term base through its soft landing scheme.
See what makes Durham a great place to live for you and your employees.