The aim is to demystify the investment and financing jargon often used to help business owners become more confident when discussing their funding and finance strategy and approach investors and funders with more confidence. It is also to build awareness of the products and services out there to support growth within the above sectors and how to access them.
Our panel of experts includes Umi, Natwest Bank, British Business Bank, NEL and UKSE.
We are also very grateful to have British Business Bank and Nat West who will also be going through their continued work on supporting Inclusive Financing. Why are we covering this as part of this event – Well in 2021, only 13% of women-led businesses applied for a loan or overdraft versus 51% of their male peers. Research shows women-owned businesses can face increased challenges in accessing funding compared to their male counterparts.
Find out how both BBB and Nat West are leading the way to change this dynamic and encourage, advise and guide more women led businesses to access funding and finance.
This workshop is for SMEs who have been trading for at least 6 months and have a current growth plan in place and are looking for investment, finance or funding to bring their vision to life.
· In this workshop, we bring to you a panel of experts to explain in more detail the many different routes to finance and funding in the Durham region which can be overwhelming to navigate.
· We will walk you through common fundraising terms and outline the options and products available through our panel businesses and routes to access them.
· Each panel member will also showcase a business case study of the support they offered a NE business, the route they took and the impact that it had on their business.
· There will be time within the workshop to directly discuss your financial challenges and also your plans for the future which require financial assistance.
· The aim of the workshop is that our attendees will be more advised and more knowledgeable of the financial and funding products available to their businesses which could lead to further growth
· Finally we hope to help you understand what your business needs to have in place BEFORE your access financial support and how researching the right finance option and advisor is key!
Panel of Experts:
- Natwest Bank Local Enterprise Manager – Nickie Kilkenny
- British Business Bank Senior Manager UK Network – Shaun Fooy
- We Are Umi – Project Advisor Gary Lynch & Business & Investment Advisor Phil Sly
- UKSE – Business Development Manager Peter Taylor
- NEL – Investment Executive Jonathan Armitage
- Host for the Morning – Andy Brown RTC North
Please note this event is only open to businesses in the DURHAM region
*Retail businesses who actively use e-commerce or who are looking to implement e-commerce as part of their growth strategy.
Parking for this event will be in the Belmont Car Park, Belmont Industrial Estate, New Ferens Park, DH1 1GG which is a 5 min walk from Navigators Point.Reserve a spot