Digital technology is changing the way health and care services are delivered, and the response to the COVID-19 pandemic radically accelerated the spread of digital solutions such as remote monitoring and online appointments.
Widening inequalities is a widely cited risk of delivering more care digitally. A significant proportion of people are currently digitally excluded, meaning they are unable to engage in digital care. Furthermore, people who are digitally excluded are more likely to be socially disadvantaged and already experience health inequality.
The event will:
- Identify key data points and information relating to digital inclusion
- Examine how we improve access to services
- Provide a forum for debate on future work plans and activities to support digital inclusion and develop a cross sector partnership
- Provide an opportunity to showcase best practice in digital inclusion
We are delighted to announce we will be joined by the following speakers:
- Michelle Thompson BEM, Chief Executive, Healthwatch Darlington
- Adam Parnaby, Researcher, Vonne & Open Lab
- Lindsay Henderson, Head of Communities, Your Voice Counts
- Anya Bonner, North East Regional Coordinator, Just Fair
- Richard Boggie, Development Manager, Difference North East
The events will be of particular interest to.
- SMEs across the North East and North Cumbria
- Cluster Networks
- NHS Innovation leads
- Health and Social Care stakeholders