* This event is funded by the Durham Business Growth Programme, and is only open to businesses registered on this programme who are located within the County Durham local authority area **
*This session is for County Durham businesses only and is limited to 2 per company*
If your business is struggling to identify and control the level of quality within its own processes, then this workshop will guide you through a structured approach to help you address the potential causes of this. This workshop will cover the fundamental elements of Six Sigma including, DMAIC, Fishbone, Pareto, and SPC.
· Eliminating Errors – Reduce the number of defects or errors in any process, which is an extremely ambitious goal, but one which is achievable by putting Six Sigma fundamentals into practice.
· Cutting Waste – Lean focuses on eliminating the wasted time within an operation with the aim of cutting costs and creating products that best meet customer expectations.
· Saving Costs – By eliminating errors and waste, organisations make their processes more efficient, so saving money. Lean Six Sigma improves not only processes, but also can lead to better management of inventory, supply chains and prodwhyuct development, so saving further costs.
· A New Company Culture – Lean Six Sigma is only effective if a company adopts a culture of continuous process improvement. It requires commitment and teamwork across an organisation, from top to bottom, to be able to sustain improvements.
· It Reaches All Departments – Although initially created for the manufacturing floor, Lean Six Sigma can benefit every business department with a focus on measuring performance indicators, not just outcomes. This can apply to all indirect functions including, procurement, sales and marketing, engineering, customer service and even human resources.
· Higher Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty – By focusing on the needs of customers and eliminating everything that doesn’t meet those needs, businesses generate a higher level of satisfaction and loyalty among their customers. The key is to maintain any gains made through Six Sigma, assuring that products and services remain at a high level of quality.
· Higher Employee Satisfaction – If included in the Lean Six Sigma effort, employees will feel more engaged in their jobs, loyalty to a company and better bonded with their colleagues. They also can improve their own learning and become lean process improvement champions.
· Attracting Business Partners – Applied properly, Lean Six Sigma will lead to more business success, and in turn, will attract better business partners who want to collaborate with your organisation.
· Better Risk Management and Strategic Planning – By putting the proper Lean Six Sigma tools to work, organisations can better identify potential risks to their business and take steps to mitigate these. Continuous process improvement projects also generate valuable data for strategic planning. Companies that have a better grasp on the current state of operations can do a better job planning for future growth.
- Forge valuable connections with like-minded small business owners, entrepreneurs, and managers in the vibrant Durham business community.
Who Should Attend:
- Business owners, looking to instigate a right first time culture to help unlock their business’s full potential.
- Managers and supervisors responsible for daily operations looking to streamline processes.
- Continuous Improvement champions looking to drive quality focused projects.
- Individuals seeking to optimise time utilisation and drive success in their business.
Operational Best Practices for Sustainable Growth:
Streamline operations and enhance productivity with expert guidance on operational best practices. This workshop is your opportunity to learn how to optimise processes, reduce errors, inefficiencies, and leverage resources for sustainable growth and improved bottom-line results.
Just a Few Hours for Lasting Impact:
This full day session is designed to be efficient and impactful, requiring only a single day out of your business. The knowledge, shared discussions and insights gained, are invaluable and can help to reshape your business trajectory.
Time is gold dust for SMEs, and our workshop is your opportunity to reclaim it. Recent studies have illuminated the alarming amount of time wasted, but identifying and addressing these errors and inefficiencies truly can transform your business.
This workshop, delivered by Lee Walker, for Durham-based businesses, it provides a unique space away from your desk to actively identify and address time wastage, equipping you to implement positive quality and efficiency improvements within any production environments.
Lee Walker, MD of Walker Business Transformation, is a Lean Six Sigma Consultant with extensive experience in Scientific Research, Public Sector and Health. Key areas of expertise: Lean; Six Sigma; Systems Thinking ;Business transformation; Costs Reduction; business change; and delivering what matters to customers. Adept in the redesign of services from the outside in, utilising much of the resources an organisation has at its disposal to provide ongoing improvements and cost efficiencies. Lee can quickly understand the problem that needs to be solved and has the vision, energy and drive to engage teams to deliver outcomes and ensure success.
In 2024, understanding and tackling wasted time is crucial for SMEs, as this will directly impact productivity and the bottom line. Take just a single day out of your week to join us, work productively on addressing challenges, and gain insights that can reshape your business.
Network with fellow businesses over coffee and lunch to share experiences to leave you with ideas and actionable takeaways to optimise the performance of your business.
Numbers are limited to 20 spaces — secure your place now and unlock the potential for growth in your business!Book Now