The DBOP Construction – Routes to Success Programme is a two-year business support programme designed to help County Durham SMEs working in construction and those in their supply chain win more public and private sector contracts.
The programme is a combination of activities including workshop events such as ‘Meet the Buyers’, expert briefings, and one-to-one support sessions. The emphasis is on helping companies to get “under the skin” of the procurement process, sharpen their approach to bidding for new contracts, and win new contracts and sales orders.
- Routes to Contract Success: Meet the Buyers event. Tuesday 2nd November: 9am – 5pm, Durham Town Hall.
We are working with prime contractors and their key suppliers for infrastructure and new commercial projects, as well as housing associations, home builders, facilities management providers and major utility, public sector and transport customers.
The programme builds on a proven “Routes to Contract Success” formula which has helped companies review and develop their business development strategies, particularly in sourcing new opportunities, positioning themselves for upcoming tenders, and honing tender writing skills to become more competitive and successful at winning new work.
Our delivery team are working with key membership, training and trade organisations in the construction sector to deliver a package of support that can help your business and those in your supply chain to:
- identify where and how to find and win suitable contract opportunities
- simplify public sector procurement process and opportunities
- write successful tenders for public and private sector procurement opportunities
- develop tender, proposal and quotation writing skills
- collaborative and partnering approach to winning new work
- securing places on supply chains and as a subcontractor to larger projects
The programme is looking to engage with businesses through construction and its supply chain, also including all specialist consultancy, supply, and support services through every stage of planning, build and fitting out across all types of construction project.
- concept and design e.g. architectural design
- pre-build construction work e.g. demolition and groundworks
- procurement stage including sourcing materials or other services required at various stages of construction build
Post-construction phase e.g. operational maintenance, facilities management
We can help your business and those involved in your supply chain:
- make connections and collaborate with key construction suppliers
- identify and develop a number of specific ‘contract opportunities’
- discover new market opportunities in County Durham and wider North East
- identify appropriate meet the buyer events to broaden networking opportunities
The DBOP Construction Routes to Contract Success Programme is managed by the Durham Business Opportunities Programme, a six-year programme for SMEs running up until November 2022. It is funded through European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and delivered by Business Durham, the business support service for Durham County Council, helping to deliver more and better jobs and a strong competitive economy.