Are you a SME, based in Durham? Would you like to enhance your business through the support of a graduate intern?
If you are looking to research or develop new products or services for your business, then you could benefit from the Durham SME internship programme, brought to you as part of the ERDF ‘Durham Internships and Collaborative Enterprise’ “DICE” project which aims to provide business growth in small or medium enterprises (SMEs) based in County Durham.
Match funded, DICE internships can give your business access to high-level skills with low financial risk, with the benefit of guidance and support with the recruitment process.
Project offer from Durham University:
- Benefit from the up-to-date knowledge and high-level skills of a Durham University graduate
- Eligible SMEs will be given 50/50 match funding for a full-time paid internship for 3 months, ending by 31st March 2023 (based on a salary of £18,500 per annum or £4,625 for 3 month internships)
- Full support with the recruitment and selection process
- Guidance on all information that must be retained under ERDF guidelines.
- You must be a SME as defined by the EU (up to 250 employees and annual turnover does not exceed €50 million). This includes social enterprises engaged in economic activity.
- You must be based within County Durham
- Your business must not be within a sector which is not eligible for ERDF funding
- Businesses recruiting interns to support with the research or development of new products or services will be prioritised
- Ability to offer remote work internships would be advantageous (this is not essential however will help to attract graduate applicants)
Funding is available for a limited time only and your internship will need to commence as soon as possible (deadline 2nd January 2023 at the latest)
SME applications are open now and will be accepted on a rolling basis up to 13th November 2022. Funding will be prioritised for businesses that are recruiting an intern to support with the research or development of new products or services to the business/market.
Please email Donna Carr (DICE Project Manager) at email@example.com for more information and an application pack