Financial and related professional services exports from the North East increased by 3.4% year on year in 2021, exporting £1.9bn of these services, according to a new report.
‘Exporting from across Britain 2023’, provides analysis of the latest available data (2021) on financial and related professional services industry exports broken down by regions and nations across Great Britain.
The findings from TheCityUK. also reveal that in 2021, total financial and related professional services exports from across Great Britain reached £134.7bn – approximately £25 in every £100 of exports income. Nearly half (47%) of that contribution originated outside London, with the North East making a contribution of 1.4%. In terms of the destination of those exports, 22% went to the EU and the remaining 78% went to the rest of the world.Source: The Northern Echo