New support for businesses linked to Omicron variant
A package of additional support for businesses impacted by the Omicron variant was announced by the Chancellor on 21 December. On 30 December the government published its guidance for this £1 billion of support for businesses.
It was confirmed that:
- businesses in the hospitality and leisure sectors in England will be eligible for a one-off Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant (OHLG) of up to £6,000 per premises
- more than £100 million discretionary funding will be made available for local authorities to support other businesses.
Once Durham County Council receive further information from the government on the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) allocation, there will be a review of the discretionary scheme and an application process will be launched, in line with the government’s guidance and requirements.
Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant (OHLG)
An application process is being developed for the national scheme, OHLG, based on the government’s guidance. DCC will be inviting eligible businesses to apply and the scheme will be open until 28 February 2022. Eligible businesses are those offering in-person services in the hospitality, leisure and accommodation sectors.
The one-off grant payments to be made to businesses with rateable properties (as at 30 Dec 2021) as follows:
- Business with a rateable value of £15,00 or less will be eligible to a payment amount of £2,667
- Business with a rateable value of over £15,00 and less than £51,000 will be eligible to a payment amount of £4,000
- Business with a rateable value of £51,000 or more will be eligible to a payment amount of £6,000
For further government information click here.
For the latest updates on the application process and information on other support click here.